Dr. Christiane Northrup's #1 New York Times bestseller The Wisdom of Menopause has inspired more than a million women with a dramatically new vision of midlife. This groundbreaking classic draws on the current research and medical advances in womens' health, and includes-
- A new section on sex after 50-and how, if need be, you can rejuvenate your sex life.
- Updated mammogram guidelines.
- The latest on the glycemic index, optimal blood sugar levels, and ways to prevent diabetes.
- Dietary guidelines.
-Strategies to combat osteoporosis and strengthen bones for life.
In The Cleveland Clinic Guide to Menopause, Dr. Holly Thacker cuts through the myths and misinformation and provides solid information to help you handle menopause more effectively. Inside you will find guidance to help you:
- Control menopause symptoms through safe, effective treatments.
- Understand the myths and facts about hormone therapy.
- Sleep better, boost your energy, and recharge your sex life.
- Get the facts about vitamins, supplements, and antidepressants.
- Protect your long-term health by strengthening your bones, helping your heart, and taking smart steps to help prevent cancer and other diseases.
Menopause specialist Dr. Mary Jane Minkin presents scientifically grounded information, explained helpfully and in a non-judgmental manner.
Among the topics included in this volume:
- Hormone replacement therapy, its pros and cons
- Controlling the symptoms of PMS
- Treatments for menopause-related hot flashes, insomnia, and depression
- Menopause and sexuality
- Preventing and detecting cancer of the reproductive organs
- Healthy lifestyle choices for menopausal women
- What the Women's Health Initiative study findings really mean.
This revolutionary book about hormone replacement therapy--a classic bestseller since it was first published in 1996--is now fully revised and updated, providing potentially lifesaving facts and natural alternatives to balancing hormones.
- Biochemistry of the body
- Synthetic drugs and hormones
- The estrogen myth and results of HRT study,
- Female cancers and causes,
- Natural progesterone and details of all relevant hormones.
- Nutrition and exercise,
- Osteoporosis and bone re-building,
Staness Jonekos joins forces with leading menopause expert Dr. Wendy Klein to give you the menopause makeover you need. Based on the latest scientific research, it has been designed for both pre- and post-menopausal women.
-Evaluate if hormone therapy is right for you
-Beat belly bulge with The Menopause Makeover food pyramid and recipes
-Tone up and trim down with The Menopause Makeover fitness formula
- Boost your libido and learn to love intimacy again
-Regain your vibrant, youthful glow with essential beauty tips
-Manage stress and get off the mood-swing roller coaster
- Stay motivated with self-assessments and tools to track your progress
Many women may experience hot flashes, mood swings, irregular menstrual cycles, sleeping disorders etc but fail to realize that they are in perimenopause. Authors Nancy Lee Teaff, M.D., and Kim Wright Wiley describe everything you need to know about this important stage of life, including:
-What perimenopause is, how to diagnose it, and what it means to you
-The effectiveness of different medical treatments and natural alternatives
-How to create a healthy lifestyle through stress management, weight control, exercise, diet, and nutrition
-How perimenopause affects sexuality, fertility, and pregnancy
Originally published in 2007 as Is It Hot in Here? Or Is It Me?, The Menopause Book is the all-in-one bible for women approaching or experiencing menopause. Completely revised and updated, The Menopause Book incorporates the most cutting-edge research on hormones and hormone therapy; hot flashes; heart disease and stroke; breast cancer in older women; and the subtle symptoms of ovarian cancer. It also discusses new findings on why it's hard for menopausal women to lose weight; osteoporosis and estrogen; the interplay between migraines and hormones; panic attacks; and more. It's the essential guide for every woman who wants to take charge of her health.
A pioneering gynecologist and antiaging specialist with a successful Beverly Hills practice, Dr. Uzzi Reiss shows the way for women who want to turn back the effects of time through natural hormone therapy, It has been written for women who want to take control of their lives by restoring hormonal balance with a natural hormone replacement program
In clear, nontechnical language, he thoroughly explains:
- The important difference between standard chemical hormone prescriptions and natural hormone replacements
- Which hormone replacements are best for you
- How to choose the most effective hormonal gel, cream, pill, or sublingual drops, and when to use them.
- How to achieve natural hormone balance.
The Menopause Diet provides scientific proof:
- Why women need to eat differently than men to burn fat not muscle - Why mini meals can be your secret weapon to weight control.
- Why body shape can predict health problems.
- Why stress and lack of sleep can make you fat.
- Why you may be digging your grave with your teeth when you eat a low fat, high carbohydrate diet.
- Why taking estrogen can help you lose hidden body fat.
- Why progestins may increase your risk for breast cancer.
- Why an ingredient in chicken soup can stop hot flashes and protect your heart.
- Why women can't maintain weight loss without exercise.
This groundbreaking book-the first to reveal 12 distinct menopause types and how best to treat each-gives you the information you need to take charge of this challenging and sensitive life stage. Inside, Dr. Joseph Collins demolishes the "one size fits all" philosophy of menopause treatment, revealing that there is no magic hormone or combination of hormones that can be in descriminately prescribed to all women. Inside, you'll discover:
-Natural & Coventional treatments that are best for you
-Necessary nutrients for a healthy menopause
-How to weigh the risks and benefits of Hormone-replacement therapy
And much, much more !
For decades, millions of women have relied on 'Our Bodies, Ourselves' to provide the most comprehensive, honest, and accurate information on women's health. Now, in 'Our Bodies, Ourselves: Menopause', the editors of the classic guide discuss the transition of menopause. It includes definitive information from the latest research and provides an in-depth look at subjects such as:
- Hormone therapy and sexuality.
- Proven strategies for coping with challenges like hot flashes, mood swings, and night sweats.
In clear, accessible language, the book dispels menopause myths and provides crucial information that women can use to take control of their own health and get the best care possible.
Do they call menopause "the change" because . . .
-You have to change shirts three times a day-after you've sweat through them?
-You have to change addresses, just to avoid all that mail from the AARP?
-You have to change your diet to nothing but milk and broccoli-just to get your RDA of calcium?
With hot flashes, mood swings, and night sweats (oh, my!), menopause might not be your favorite phase of life. However, bestselling author Joanne Kimes is here to provide relief as welcome as hand-held fans and sweat-free sheets. In her signature, no-holds-barred style, Kimes dishes on:
Dealing with a rollercoaster of emotions; Anecdotes, remedies, and gentle tips to help you cope with all the physical changes you're facing;
How to enjoy menopausal sex etc.
What if you could really feel better as you get older, or age without illness? What could be better than having your doctor tell you that you have the bones of a twenty-year-old, or the heart of a thirty-year-old? In this #1 New York Times bestseller, Suzanne Somers reveals the secrets to a younger, healthier, and sexier you:
- Updated information on bioidentical hormone replacement and antiaging.
- Antiaging medicine and how it can help work against the environmental assault
- Why so many hysterectomies are unnecessary.
- The importance of sleep and the healing work that nature does during this time
For far too long, doctors thought hormone replacement therapy was the answer to menopausal symptoms from hot flashes to sleepless nights to stubborn belly fat. But while it does help, HRT can be risky and may raise women's chances for breast cancer, heart attack, and stroke. Luckily, there's a growing stack of research that natural remedies can be just as effective.
In The Natural Menopause Solution, the editors of Prevention and integrative medicine specialist Melinda Ring, MD, distill that research into the easy-to-follow 30-Day Slim-Down, Cool-Down Diet, which can help women lose 21 percent more body weight. Plus it's proven to help reduce the number and intensity of hot flashes by 50 percent. In addition, there are drug-free solutions for sleep problems, memory lapses, mood swings, lack of energy, low libido, and strategies to protect against heart disease, stroke and osteoporosis.
Eat to Defeat Menopause combines easy-to-understand health information to combat the symptoms of perimenopause and menopause with delicious and healthy recipes from both the authors and some of America's top chefs.
Along with practical advice, essential information on women's health, and a healthy dose of humor, 'Eat to Defeat Menopause' offers:
- Dietary strategies to improve sleep, hot flashes, and other menopausal symptoms; - Key foods for health and wellness during menopause;
- Information on soy foods-the perfect food for menopause;
- Dietary guidelines and healthy weight tips and more.
Do you have a gynecological or obstetrical problem? Would you like to discuss it in private? Consult our online gynecologist Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD (O&G), at any time you want and get your reply within 24 hours.We charge a nominal fee of USD 20 ($20) per question through Paypal.com.
The procedure of asking a question is quite simple. Clicking on the link below takes you to the Paypal website where the payment is made. After the payment goes through, you will be directed back to this website where you can ask your question. And rest assured, you will get your answer within 24 hours. And usually, even sooner.